Tuesday, June 24, 2008
A Little Love
I had 4 readers yesterday. Alfred, Benjamin, Miraji, and George. I'm learning so much from them. After our reading sessions our friend Erick invited us to his home. We walked part of the way and then took a dolla dolla the rest of the way. He lived in this compound type of place, but his actual home was about 10 feet by 6 feet. He lived there with his auntie. There were 2 beds, about 6 chairs, and a table, no light. Twelve of us crammed in and sat in a circle, and we sang a few songs. Erick welcomed us and I could really tell that it meant a lot for us to be there. He kept telling me "my family is not royal, but I will give you all that I have." That was really humbling to me. He took in 10 americans and provided us with bread and water, and he went on to say that the bread was to represent the body of Christ and the water, the wine. I couldn't help but think that even though he thought that he didn't have much, he had more than any of us there. He had so much love and hope. We really wanted to help out so we gave his auntie a little bit, and Erick started crying. His Aunt thanked us a whole bunch and said she would come to church wiht us on Sunday. She's muslim, so I thought that was crazy that she would even consider that. I'm really glad we got to go to his house. Later that night we had quite an eventful evening, but I'll have to wait to tell that story later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ahhh, the suspense, i need to hear the next story
Post a Comment