Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Few Introductions

It's time for another post. The group from Harding and Eastern got back from Kenya monday night, so we had them over to our house and Mama Flo cooked us a Feast. Mama Flo has been teaching some of us girls how to cook...Micah and I made the chipati last night.
My readers are getting so much better. I could barely understand Miraji when he first started and now we're running over time because we talk too long! Our beginners class is going well, too. We decided to have a beginners class for anyone who knows no English at all since there are so many. We get about 20-30 people each time on those. We have one at 9 AM and one at 3 PM. Over all I think the people are enjoying the lessons, and more importantly getting to know some of the church members.
Last night we got the luxary of watching a movie. We all watched "Stardust" on Kirk's laptop since the other group had the projector, it was still nice to watch a movie.
I guess I should introduce my team. I couldn't have asked for a better group to be in Africa with, we all get along so well. Micah always has the common sense and she's my right hand girl when Kirk and Alex team up against us. Lauren is so much fun and has an amazing heart. Charla and I have dressed alike on accident more than once, great minds think alike! :) but she is such a sweet girl and I'm so glad that she's here. Kirk is the hugger, he always gives us hugs and is always cracking a good joke. Alex is our leader and doing a great job at it, he gets along with the people really well, too. Tracy is a lot of fun, too. We have had a couple of really good discussions and he is a very good encouager. Braden, haha, oh Braden. This trip would not be the same without him. He is our walking jukebox. He definitely keeps the group alive and interesting. Jared is our swahili man he has picked up on the language faster than any of us and he has such an awesome drive for missions. And Allen, we miss him a lot but while he was here he was sooo helpful when we went anywere. He was always sure to say the right things at the right time. He also saved Micah and I a few times in the market :) Allen if you're reading this, we all miss you! even if you gave us a hard time :) I absolutely love this team, I'm going to be so sad to leave!

No comments: